If you own an RV, you probably put a lot of time and money into it. While you may want to look for ways to save money on certain parts of your vehicle, you shouldn’t pinch pennies when it comes to the battery. RV batteries are crucial to the function of your RV. As you search for the right battery, you should consider using an AGM battery.
The benefits of using an AGM battery in an RV
An Absorbed Glass Mat battery, or AGM battery, is filled with fiberglass matting. The matting is covered with an acid and electrolyte mixture, then packed between the plates of the battery. Because of this design, oxygen and hydrogen combine and replace the water content of the battery. There is less of a need for maintenance than other RV batteries.
AGM batteries are not sealed, which means that no gas or acid will leak. Due to their unique design, these batteries come with all of the following benefits:
- They can be installed at any angle
- Depending on the configuration of your RV, this can come in handy. You don’t need to worry about an AGM battery being on an incline or in a strange position. If you have limited space, this is a particularly useful trait.
- They are resistant to shock and vibrations
- As you’re on your way to a campsite, you’re likely to come across some bumpy roads. Fortunately, you don’t need to worry about the shock of the road doing damage to your battery.
- They have a low self-discharge rate
- Let’s face it. You probably don’t get out on your RV as much as you’d like. As your camper sits in storage, the battery self-discharges. While other types of batteries lose a significant amount of juice every month, this type of battery has a self-discharge rate of approximately 3% each month.
- They are resilient to water damage for a time can be immersed in water. Although you don’t want your RV to get wet, you can only do so much to prevent a broken pipe or a leak. In the event of water damage, your AGM battery will survive.
- They have low maintenance compared to standard batteries. In fact, you could say that they are maintenance-free. You don’t need to equalize the battery or add distilled water to it. There’s no corrosion, so you don’t need to clean the battery.
Your RV deserves the best, and that means choosing the right battery. Lifeline Batteries has AGM batteries that can keep your camper in excellent condition. Contact us to learn more.